28 Oct Commercial Plumber
Directly responsible for commercial plumbing projects through to completion and delivering each project on time within budget. Must have complete knowledge of and be able to perform demolition and installation of vent, hot and cold water, waste water, and underground piping systems.
The ability to read plans and execute the required work by performing layout, installing, and managing company tools, materials, schedule, and scope of work.
- Maintain a complete set of tools of the trade
- Purchase materials following company purchase order procedure
- Travel to multiple job locations as needed
- Attend meetings as needed
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Maintain all necessary trade licenses
- Maintain all necessary safety certifications
- Mentor and train apprentices
- Perform all work safely and according to OSHA requirements and company policy
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex electrical issues
- Communicates professionally
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in specified field preferred
- Journeyman’s license
- No-hub and PVC installation
- Copper pipe soldering and brazing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and approaches to problems
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to complete a job
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Spend long periods of time standing, kneeling, and squatting
- High-level of confidentiality for company projects and policy
- High-level of professional conduct both internally and externally with clients and vendors
- Ability to climb ladders to perform work
- Work in high elevations
- Periodic travel to multiple job locations.
- May be subjected to inclement weather and hazardous working conditions at job sites.
- Work weekend or night-time duty, as needed
This job description describes the reporting relationship, the essential functions of the job (duties/tasks/responsibilities), and additional job requirements including: education/experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and physical/mental job requirements. From time-to-time, employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned not specifically stated in this job description.