Installs and maintains wiring, power, communications, electrical fixtures/equipment, controls, and lighting systems. Responsible for and must have complete knowledge of NEC 70/70E. Workmanship must conform to specifications and adherence to construction schedules.
The ability to read plans and execute the required work by performing layout and installing electrical systems and electrical components.
- Maintain a complete set of tools of the trade
- Purchase materials following company purchase order procedure
- Travel to multiple job locations as needed
- Attend meetings as needed
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Maintain all necessary trade licenses
- Maintain all necessary safety certifications
- Mentor and train apprentices
- Perform all work safely and according to OSHA requirements and company policy
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex electrical issues
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program in specified field preferred
- Journeyman license
- Minimum of two years as a commercial electrician
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Communicate professionally
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and approaches to problems
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to complete a job
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Spend long periods of time standing, kneeling, and squatting
- High-level of confidentiality for company projects and policy
- High-level of professional conduct both internally and externally with clients and vendors
- Ability to climb ladders to perform work
- Work in high elevations
- Periodic travel to multiple job locations.
- May be subjected to inclement weather and hazardous working conditions at job sites.
- Work weekend or night-time duty, as needed
This job description describes the reporting relationship, the essential functions of the job (duties/tasks/responsibilities), and additional job requirements including: education/experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and physical/mental job requirements. From time-to-time, employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned not specifically stated in this job description.