POSITION SUMMARY Directly responsible for managing multiple medium to large-scale projects approved by the Company through to completion and delivering each project on time within budget. Assignments generally include such types of work as maintaining client relations, buying out the project, preparing reports, maintaining records, securing vendor pricing, processing purchase orders, approving invoices, processing change orders, maintaining logs, attending job site meetings, supporting field operations, efficient management of the job site and resources, and working with the Operations Manager on monthly billings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Directly responsible for gross profit on all assigned jobs. Maintains, and reviews all RFIs, submittals, substitution requests, change proposals, project schedules, project budgets, purchase orders, and invoices for multiple projects. Analyzes projects to determine scope, cost, and scheduling requirements.
- Obtain permits from both general contractors and local jurisdictions
- Arranges for returns of unused materials to vendors and ensures credit has been issued.
- Obtain drawings from general contractors and distribute to necessary personnel.
- Travel to multiple job locations as needed
- Responsible for as-builts
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years as a Project Manager in commercial HVAC and plumbing construction industry on projects $250k+.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have working knowledge of mechanical and plumbing plan and spec
- Ability to use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives
- Computer literacy including strong proficiency in Fast Pipe, Fast Duct, Blue Beam, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet research, and other software applications.
- Heavy emphasis on organizational skills and written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Must be a team player and self-starter
- Ability to complete tasks in timely fashion
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Communicate professionally