This full-charge position is directly responsible for commercial HVACR projects through to completion and delivering each project on time within budget. Must have complete knowledge of and be able to perform demolition and installation of HVACR systems including, but not limited to, roof top HVACR systems including layout, assembly, and installation of equipment curbs, complete low pressure VAV air systems, and medium air pressure systems. Will be directly responsible for and have experience with layout and installation of HVACR piping systems and maintaining the overall responsibility of a refrigerant piping project from installation through start-up. Oversees job site manpower and company assets assigned. Able to meet and professionally communicate with general contractors and their owners/reps. Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules. Prepares and reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports. Reports directly to the Director of Mechanical.
- Ability to read plans and execute the required work by performing layout, installing, and managing manpower, tools, materials, schedule, and scope of work through to start up of equipment. Must be able to braze, solder, pressure test, and evacuate HVAC refrigerant piping systems.
- Responsible for company assets used on job site
- Understands and applies the company employee-relations policies
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Holds a valid driver’s licenseReads drawings/specs to plan and perform necessary work
- Inspects layouts
- Performs take-offs
- Maintains a complete set of tools of the trade
- Purchases materials following the company purchase order procedure
- Maintains all necessary trade licenses
- Maintains all necessary safety certifications
- Performs all work safely and according to OSHA requirements and company policy
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have complete knowledge of mechanical construction relating to commercial HVACR including layout and piping experience
- Experience with VRF system installation a plus
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Maintains Journeyman or Master HVACR license in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- Maintains Universal CFC license
- Maintains all required safety certifications (i.e. OSHA 10, fall protection, scissor lift)
- Prior experience as a Supervisor or Foreman in commercial mechanical construction industry.
- Minimum 10+ years in commercial mechanical construction industry with installing HVAC equipment
- Experience with installing and assembling rectangular, spiral, and oval duct a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Requires a high-level of confidentiality
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
- Proven leadership and supervisory capability is required
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and approaches to problems
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to complete a job
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Ability to climb ladders to perform work
- Work in high elevations
- Periodic travel to multiple job locations
- May be subjected to inclement weather and hazardous working conditions
- Work weekend or night-time duty, as needed
This job description describes the reporting relationship, the essential functions of the job (duties/tasks/responsibilities), and additional job requirements including: education/experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and physical/mental job requirements. From time-to-time, employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have reviewed/received and understand your responsibilities.